By Emmanuel Gandu
Very Rev. Fr. Michael Pius Kagarko who doubles as the Administrator of the Catholic Diocese of Zaria in the Kaduna Archdiocese is on an aggressive agricultural transformation of Zaria and the entire North West geographical zone and indeed the whole country.
Yours sincerely was on site on Monday and brings you some sights and sounds from the Our Lady of Perpetual Help pastoral center of the Catholic Diocese of Zaria.
Some of the landmark achievements of Fr. Michael Pius Kagarko in the field of food and agriculture alone include the following:
(1) On-going as of Monday expansion and installation of new state-of-the-art rice milling machines in the new factory near the existing rice milling factory (see video).
(2) Increase in the facilities, space, and number of cattle and sheep in the existing cattle/sheep farm.
(3) Expansion of the rabbitry in order to meet up with clients’ requests.
(4) Expansion of the piggery so as to meet public increasing demand.
(5) Employment of different categories of professional, skilled, and non-professional workers to man the factory.
According to the Administrator, his interest is to contribute towards reducing youth idleness/restiveness, generation of employment opportunities, reduction in the increasing rate of hunger and poverty, and above all, adding value to the food production and distribution chain in Nigeria.
May Fr. Michael Pius Kagarko’s efforts continue to have a positive impact on the generality of the citizens of Nigeria.