Tuesday, November 30, 2021
HomeEducationFemale students injured in UNIMAID hostel fire

Female students injured in UNIMAID hostel fire

Three female students have been injured in a fire outbreak at the University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID) Murtala female hostel on Saturday.

Properties were also destroyed in the incident, the second of such in one month.

The inferno reportedly started from a cooking stove and was put out by the university’s fire service.

Public Relations Director, Prof. Danjuma Gambo, said preliminary investigations showed it was a Kerosene explosion.

NAN quoted the spokesman as confirming that the three undergraduates were in a hospital.

Gambo assured that the management was taking steps to enforce more fire safety regulations in hostels.

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular