Khadija Saidu, Birnin Kebbi
The Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC), Kebbi State, Chapter have embarked on indefinite strike, today Tuesday, for failure of the state government to meet up with the six demands of the NLC.
The organized labour also set up a committee to impose compliance of the strike in the state.
Below are the demands of the NLC:
- Payment of leave grant to level 07 to 16 in 2019
- Payment leave grant for the year 2020
- Remittance of Teachers Pensions Contribution to Pension Fund Administration (PFA)
- Payment of gratuity to pensioners from 2017 to October 2018
- Commencement payment of retirees from November 2018 to 2019 and
- Yearly promotions and increment and resumption of consequential committee on New National Minimum Wage.
The organised labour therefore reitrated it’s commitment to the strike saying unless and until there demands are met or at list four out of the six demand.
It also appealed to civil servants in the State to give all maximum support to the strike action adding that no amount of intimidation will reverse the collective action.