The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Kano State Chairman, Alh. Shehu Wada Sagagi in a statement he personally signed and made available to Stallion Times on Thursday, 24 December, 2020 responded to the recent statements on elections by the Chairman, APC Caretaker Committee in a video that has gone viral.
Below is the full text of the statement.
The attention of the People’s Democratic Party has been drawn to a viral video of Abdullahi Abbass (Kano APC Caretaker Committee Chairman) making, yet again a shameless display befitting of a glorified talk only that this one is adorned in Babariga.
The Chairman was quoted to have made the following vociferous remarks:
1. The era of free and fair election is over in Kano
2. We will ensure the repeat of inconclusive election in 2023
3. APC will remain in control from national to grass-root
4. We will not allow the proper election to hold but will repeat the same of 2019 inconclusive election, we shall rig the election like Gama
5. I call on you not to be merciful to any Kwankwasiyya loyalist.
Normally, we don’t give prominence to insanity of this sort and also, by virtual of his long record of advocating violence which is known by all, we would have remained silence but due to the importance attached to the issue he raised and also for posterity’s sake, it has become pertinent that we set the record straight.
The public display of profanities and incitement of violence has yet again laid bare even for the blind to see that the APC does not represent any democratic ideal. It is also an admission of guilt of numerous acts of violence which we already knew they were guilty of. More importantly, it has revealed their plan for the future which is perpetrate in power by all means of violence.
Based on the forgoing and by virtue of Abdullahi Abbass remarks, the following can now be considered facts:
1. The 2019 Gubernatorial election was a democratic process that saw Engr. Abba K. Yusuf emerge as winner with a landside and was robbed off by an illegality called INCONCLUSIVE.
2. The acts of violence that marred the re-run were planned and perpetrated by the APC.
3. The plan of the APC in the coming 2023 election is to replicate the 2019 violent display and not to participate in a peaceful democratic process.
We therefore call on the good people of Kano State in particular members of the PDP to remain resolute, law abiding and resist all forms of intimidation by the ruling party.
We equally remind the general public that people with dubious character and violence attitude should be rejected and not given any chance of coming back to power through undemocratic process come 2023 general election.
We are strongly determined and fully prepared to confront and convert threat, attack (physical, verbal or otherwise), intimidation, harassment that might come from APC and its government in defence of our rights, votes and victory any time the need arises.
Finally, we call on the Commissioner of police, Kano State command, Director State Security Services, Kano State Command and all other security agencies to note, documents the security implication of the said comments made.
We equally call on the judiciary, Resident Electoral Commissioner Kano State, to take note of the revealing facts of the 2019 Gubernatorial election and their plan to rig the 2023 general election which PDP as a party will vehemently resist.